Does HFA certify Nandos?
No, HFA does not certify Nandos, however certain Nandos restaurants may source their chicken from Halal approved sources.
Does animal/bird hear the Shahada or Tasmiya recited by the Slaughterman/men at slaughtering station?
Books of Fatawas do not make it mandatory. One should be mindful that the decibels in modern plants are so high at time that even the slaughterman has to wear earplugs.
Does HFA license Muslim slaughterman/men?
No, the applicant must be licensed by the Food Standards Agency ( FSA).
Does HFA have Muslim Slaughterman/men performing slaughter?
Yes, all slaughter is manually carried out by Muslim slaughterman/men whilst Bismillahi-Allahu Akbar is recited.
Does HFA accept mechanical (fixed blade) slaughter?
No, all slaughter is done manually by hand to comply with HFA guidelines.
Does Halal Food Authority allow stunning of birds and animals?
Yes, however, one has to be reminded that HFA has always maintained “no stunning to kill”.
- Captive Bolt Stunning – proscribed – prohibited
- Percussion Stunning – proscribed – prohibited (although above procedures for cattle are allowed by some Ulema’s in Africa & Germany)
- Gas Stunning – proscribed – prohibited (although Turkish Ulema’s have approved this method for pre-slaughtering of chicken)
- Halal Food Authority allows controlled electric stun-with-minuscule amperage, with official Veterinary Surgeon validating that the animal or the birds do not die prior to slaughtering.
There are two types of electric stunning that Halal Food Authority approves:
- Water-bath Stun – for Poultry
- Electric-Tong Stun – for Ovine meat
Does HFA approve/allow slaughtering whilst Shahada is played on tape recorder in the back ground?
The answer is emphatically ‘No’. All slaughterman/men must recite Bismillahi-Allahu Akbar on each and every animal/bird.