Job Description – Account Manager
Date advertised: 21/02/2017
Title of Post: Financial Controller (with Internal Audit role)
Salary: £25,000 – £27,500
Reporting to: The CEO
Responsible for: n/a
Location: Office of HFA – North Finchley, London N12
Roles and Responsibilities
- Issuing invoices and credit notes to clients upon the instruction of the certification manager, audit manager or the CEO
- Keeping the copies of expense claim vouchers used for invoicing, appropriately filed with invoices in respective clients’ files
- Dealing with finance and accounts related enquiries of existing clients
- Filing all customer invoices in their respective files and keeping an up-to-date record of invoices issued or to be issued on a daily basis
- Liaising with audit and certification department to ensure swift and accurate invoicing
- Requesting purchase order numbers from clients to raise invoices, and keeping a documented track of outstanding purchase order requests
- Performing a regular credit control and maintain the sales ledger up-to-date with all remittances
- Maintaining a documented record of all expenses and bills with appropriate filing
- Maintaining a record of credit card purchases by staff with appropriate filing
- Vouching credit card receipts and verifying with monthly statements
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns
- Preparing budget and other financial reports including periodic management accounts
- Preparing bank and cash reconciliations, and liaise with administration to resolve and close out discrepancies (if any)
- Planning and Developing an HFA’s internal audit strategy and methodology, and undertaking internal audits on the Quality Manual System of HFA.
- Determining internal audit scope and develop annual internal audit plans, based on organisational risks and strategies and an assessment of audit needs
Candidate shall have;
- At least working exposure in related field of accounting and auditing with any of big four accounting firm.
- At least Accounting/ Finance/ Business Degree or ACCA/ CIA qualified/ part qualified.
- Fair understanding of the underlying principles of halal and knowledge of Islamic dietary rules.
- Basic knowledge of financial control environment in the Halal certification service and charity sector.
- Reliable, methodical and organised, high learning and analysis capabilities and decision making. Ability to adapt to different scenarios. Team worker. Dynamic and with initiative.
This Job Description is subject to your Conditions of Employment which, in the event of conflict, shall take precedence. The post holder will carry out the duties specified above and such other duties as may be required from time to time. The Job Description may be reviewed and amended in the light of any changes that are made.
The basic hours of work are 38.75 hours per week, inclusive of appropriate breaks, but as a term of your employment, you may be required to vary or extend your hours of work as necessary to fulfil the requirements of your job role.
It may be necessary from time to time, for you to work hours in excess of, or differing from, your normal working hours.
The holiday year runs from 1st April to 31st March.
You are entitled to 20 days holiday with pay in every holiday year in addition to Bank and other Public Holidays. Your entitlement to holiday accrues pro rata throughout each holiday year (disregarding fraction of days). If your employment commences or terminates partway through the holiday year your entitlement to variable holidays during that year will be calculated on a pro rata basis.
Please kindly forward your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29/03/2017.