Who are the HFA?
Halal Food Authority (HFA) is an independent, voluntary non-profit organization and the trading arm of the Halal Food Foundation charity. Food Authority (HFA) is involved in the supervision, inspection, audit, certification, and compliance of halal principles and practices in the UK food and beverages industry.
To establish the most practicable and robust halal assurance system facilitating comprehensive traceability of halal food serving the Muslim community and halal industry.
- To become recognized as the most competent and compatible Halal Certifier in Europe, possessing a realistic service benchmark with a systematic approach, together with diligently implemented Islamic Jurisprudence.
- Provide a high level of professional advice and service to consumers and manufacturers through education and awareness in the halal industry on halal related matters as the first point of contact.
- To become a part of scientific research and innovation schemes and projects and to seek and utilize all available resources to further develop the global halal industry.
- HFA always endorse the policies reflecting honesty, transparency, due diligence, and adherence to Islamic Jurisprudence
- HFA does not encourage or support political agenda
- HFA believes in collective efforts and encourages diversity to be able to utilize the best available expertise in society
- HFA endeavours to engage with the community and integrate with all its stakeholders in all halal and food-related issues
- HFA always encourage the expansion of halal trade globally and endeavour to broaden its certification operations to other parts of the world
- HFA offers a flexible and friendly working environment to its staff and support on-the-job training and development programs
- HFA does not tolerate disrespect, unprofessional behaviour or discourteous attitude, poor performance, and negative or destructive criticism amongst its clientele, community, stakeholders, competitors, and staff
- HFA always encourage and stress heavily on Team Work
Our in-house team of Food Technologists, Auditors, and Inspectors are highly qualified in their respective fields and work tirelessly to utilize their skill base to serve both the Muslim community and the wider halal industry. We are proud to be able to say that our team has earned qualifications in the following:
- Food Safety
- Cosmetic Production
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) training
- BRC Global Standards – Third-Party Auditor Training
- ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation) 22000, 9001, 19011
- MUI International Halal Auditor Training, Indonesia
- Food for Thought, RVC (Royal Veterinary College)
- Meat and Poultry Food Chain training in association with the University of Bristol
- Poultry Welfare Officer (PWO) training in association with the University of Bristol
- Animal Welfare Officer (AWO) training in association with the University of Bristol
Aside from the above, our Food Technologists, Auditors, and Inspectors have relevant undergraduate and postgraduate degrees from reputable universities as well as extensive auditing experience in medium and large slaughterhouses and processing plants across the UK and Europe. The HFA is committed to being an active body. We continue to attend workshops and training at various international conferences and seminars and engage actively in dialogue relating to the global food and halal industries charity involved in the supervision, inspection, audit, certification, and compliance of halal principles and practices in the UK food and beverages industry.